Kzer Chat Thread

Come relax and talk about life.

Re: Kzer Chat Thread

Postby Andvari300 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:51 pm

Glad you showed up. You're missed!
"Koolzone isn't some domain you can buy, its not a name, it's not a specific board software, its that special little place in our hearts, its the joy you felt when you were a kid on christmas and you woke up to go find presents under the tree. Its your first kiss, your lost virginity, its the love an abusive step father has for his son he never wanted because he really just wanted to get in the mom's pants but the kid was part of the packaged deal. Its the twinkling of a star as you look up into the night sky and realize how big the universe is. KZ isn't just some website or name. It's a little piece of magic in all of us. :) " -Omni
Andvari300

Postby xZeroSleep » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:08 am

Boi. I’ll try to get an avatar and stuff setup tomorrow so I don’t seem so jank.
"BEGIN WHILE OTHERS ARE PROCRASTINATING. WORK WHILE OTHERS ARE WISHING." - WILLIAM ARTHUR WARD

\\
       /  )
⊂\_/ ̄ ̄ ̄  /
 \_/ ° ͜ʖ ° (
   )    /⌒\
  /  ___/⌒\⊃
 (  /
  \\
xZeroSleep

Postby R.A.J » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:25 am

Can't believe it's been years since my last post. how time flies!
R.A.J

Postby Andvari300 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:30 am

Glad you both came back. Look forward to seeing you guys post again been far too long! :D
"Koolzone isn't some domain you can buy, its not a name, it's not a specific board software, its that special little place in our hearts, its the joy you felt when you were a kid on christmas and you woke up to go find presents under the tree. Its your first kiss, your lost virginity, its the love an abusive step father has for his son he never wanted because he really just wanted to get in the mom's pants but the kid was part of the packaged deal. Its the twinkling of a star as you look up into the night sky and realize how big the universe is. KZ isn't just some website or name. It's a little piece of magic in all of us. :) " -Omni
Andvari300

Postby R.A.J » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:39 am

Blame that bitch called "life". Tbh, I am surprised this place still exist lol
R.A.J

Postby xZeroSleep » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:42 am

grim1500 wrote:I'm alive over here. Cruise was a lot of fun, and I'd love to do another one in the future, maybe Alaska or something.

In other news, I finally asked a coworker what the raise situation is like here. In 9 days, I will have been here for two years and I still make the same thing I made on day 1. She just laughed and said she's gotten two raises in 7 years (the first was only $0.50/hour [she's the secretary so I guess she gets paid hourly]). So I can stop looking for a raise, apparently. So I told Kaylie if I didn't make partner within 2 years, I would start looking for something else. I'm hoping it's more like a year. The oldest partner told me he was looking to retire within 3 years of when they hired me, which would put him at his 70th birthday. I assume he said that because that's when his social security benefits would be higher.

We did a little "test" run for a cruise a couple years ago, one of those cheap 3 day Carnival deals.

We are leaving out September 8th for a 7 day Royal Caribbean cruise. Hitting up Jamaica, Haiti, and Bahamas. It's gonna be nice not having to answer my phone for a whole week and I'm sure little dude is gonna have a blast with the arcade and water park on the ship.
"BEGIN WHILE OTHERS ARE PROCRASTINATING. WORK WHILE OTHERS ARE WISHING." - WILLIAM ARTHUR WARD

\\
       /  )
⊂\_/ ̄ ̄ ̄  /
 \_/ ° ͜ʖ ° (
   )    /⌒\
  /  ___/⌒\⊃
 (  /
  \\
xZeroSleep

Postby Andvari300 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:02 pm

Oddly enough we are taking a family vacation to North Carolina. My wife is already planning a cruise with her friend as a 20 year reunion thing. They took one the summer of senior year.
Andvari300

Postby Divergent » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:14 pm

Indilwen wrote:Image

Guess whose pupper!

What did you two do? Anything adventurous? Dunes... fishing... motorcycle trip?
[face_Pre] Good things come to those who work their asses off and never give up
Divergent

Postby Sensor Echo » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:20 pm

Activity! People! Surprise!

=D Hi guys :) welcome back

fake edit: DOGGO! :O Congrats on the new family member.
Sensor Echo

Postby Andvari300 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:27 pm

Thought you said "fisting" lmao
Andvari300

Postby Esaul » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:57 pm

I know very little about fisting.
Esaul

Postby Sensor Echo » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:14 pm

Always time to learn. *shrug*
Sensor Echo

Postby grim1500 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:24 pm

xZeroSleep wrote:
grim1500 wrote:I'm alive over here. Cruise was a lot of fun, and I'd love to do another one in the future, maybe Alaska or something.

In other news, I finally asked a coworker what the raise situation is like here. In 9 days, I will have been here for two years and I still make the same thing I made on day 1. She just laughed and said she's gotten two raises in 7 years (the first was only $0.50/hour [she's the secretary so I guess she gets paid hourly]). So I can stop looking for a raise, apparently. So I told Kaylie if I didn't make partner within 2 years, I would start looking for something else. I'm hoping it's more like a year. The oldest partner told me he was looking to retire within 3 years of when they hired me, which would put him at his 70th birthday. I assume he said that because that's when his social security benefits would be higher.

We did a little "test" run for a cruise a couple years ago, one of those cheap 3 day Carnival deals.

We are leaving out September 8th for a 7 day Royal Caribbean cruise. Hitting up Jamaica, Haiti, and Bahamas. It's gonna be nice not having to answer my phone for a whole week and I'm sure little dude is gonna have a blast with the arcade and water park on the ship.

Let me know how you like Royal Caribbean. We did Carnival because 1) it was the cheapest 2) they leave out of Mobile, which is the closest port for us, and other cruise lines don't and 3) they're the only one that had cruises when we wanted to go at such a short notice, but I had heard from several people that Royal Caribbean cruises were much nicer (thus more expensive), so I would like to try them in the future. It didn't help that the ship we were on was literally Carnival's oldest ship.
Sup.

grim1500

Postby Divergent » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:39 pm

Andvari300 wrote:Thought you said "fisting" lmao

Of course you did XD
[face_Pre] Good things come to those who work their asses off and never give up
Divergent

Postby Andvari300 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:48 pm

Hey my minds always in the gutter.
Andvari300

Postby Esaul » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:59 am

So, my dad died on the 2nd.
Esaul

Postby Andvari300 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:17 am

Oh shit man sorry to hear that. What happened if you don't mind me asking?
Andvari300

Postby Esaul » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:50 am

We do not know yet. We are supposed to get all of the details today.
Esaul

Postby grim1500 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:18 pm

Dang, I hate to hear that. I'm sorry, man.
Sup.

grim1500

Postby Sensor Echo » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:27 pm

Shit, sorry dude. :(
Sensor Echo

Postby Esaul » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:43 pm

Thank you, guys. We didn't get any details but the arrangements have been made,
Esaul

Postby R.A.J » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:22 pm

Sorry to hear that. Do you live far from your dad?
R.A.J

Postby Esaul » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:10 am

I live 6 hours away, my sister lives 12,
Esaul

Postby xZeroSleep » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:29 pm

Esaul wrote:So, my dad died on the 2nd.

My condolences.

\\
       /  )
⊂\_/ ̄ ̄ ̄  /
 \_/ ° ͜ʖ ° (
   )    /⌒\
  /  ___/⌒\⊃
 (  /
  \\
xZeroSleep

Postby Andvari300 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:53 pm

Vacation Sep 7th-16th going to D.C. and North Carolina.
Andvari300

PreviousNext

Return to Lounge