Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Are you a TV/Movie lover? Then this is the forum for you.

Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Postby Divergent » Fri May 04, 2018 5:25 pm

So, for me, it was pretty good. My biggest complaint is they are now trying to squeeze a joke into every possible space they can. I thought this film was unbalanced because of that. Comedic relief is a thing for sure, but it was a little overboard- e.g. I doubt, given what he had recently lived through, that Thor would have taken the time to joke with Steve Rogers about his beard in the middle of the battle in Wakanda. Infinity War needed less of a Thor: Ragnarok vibe and more of a Captain America: Civil War vibe.

I also thought some of the fight scenes could have been longer and better; especially considering all of the characters in the film. I guess you have to sacrifice some of that when you're squeezing so much content into one film though. Anyone that hasn't read this story arc in the comics won't know what powers Cull Obsidian (which they renamed the Black Order in the film) has. This makes some of the scenes a little less significant for them- e.g. when Steve Rogers catches Proxima Midnight's spear, which was created from a star trapped in a quantum singularity, it's actually a REALLY big deal.

If all the joking between the heroes were contained early in the film, before everything gets serious, it would work out much better. Although, I have to admit, Thanos succeeding (another thing that will shock the hell out of folks not familiar with this story arc in the comics) seemed like a big FUCK YOU to all the heroes that were too busy trying to be as cool as possible to bother saving half the universe :cloud9:

It's a good flick! Go see it!
[face_Pre] Good things come to those who work their asses off and never give up
Divergent

Re: Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Postby Esaul » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:26 pm

You know, I think that overall I really enjoyed this film. I had a lot of the same grips that you had but it was a huge improvement over the last two big event films (AoU and CW).
Esaul

Postby Andvari300 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:36 pm

I loved it and had a lot of action and an opening for the sequel.
"Koolzone isn't some domain you can buy, its not a name, it's not a specific board software, its that special little place in our hearts, its the joy you felt when you were a kid on christmas and you woke up to go find presents under the tree. Its your first kiss, your lost virginity, its the love an abusive step father has for his son he never wanted because he really just wanted to get in the mom's pants but the kid was part of the packaged deal. Its the twinkling of a star as you look up into the night sky and realize how big the universe is. KZ isn't just some website or name. It's a little piece of magic in all of us. :) " -Omni
Andvari300

Postby Esaul » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:43 pm

It has to have a sequel. That is how Marvel functions with their event film but I am looking forward to the next one.
Esaul

Postby Andvari300 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:18 pm

I hope Hulk freaking man's up he was a total puss.
"Koolzone isn't some domain you can buy, its not a name, it's not a specific board software, its that special little place in our hearts, its the joy you felt when you were a kid on christmas and you woke up to go find presents under the tree. Its your first kiss, your lost virginity, its the love an abusive step father has for his son he never wanted because he really just wanted to get in the mom's pants but the kid was part of the packaged deal. Its the twinkling of a star as you look up into the night sky and realize how big the universe is. KZ isn't just some website or name. It's a little piece of magic in all of us. :) " -Omni
Andvari300

Postby R.A.J » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:46 am

I can't wait to see what Captain Marvel will do in infinity war part 2.
R.A.J

Postby Esaul » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:59 pm

I am sure, hopefully, there was a reason that the hulk didn't want to come out and play.
Esaul

Postby Divergent » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:28 pm

Andvari300 wrote:I hope Hulk freaking man's up he was a total puss.

Most fans were thinking the Hulk was afraid after his first encounter with Thanos, including Michael Walsh from Nerdist.com:

https://nerdist.com/avengers-infinity-war-why-hulk-no-smash/

According to the film's director, Joe Russo, the Hulk wasn't afraid. Rather, Bruce Banner and the Hulk are having a personality conflict:

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/997404/Avengers-Infinity-War-director-Joe-Russo-Bruce-Banner-Hulk-out-Avengers-4

Basically the two "people" hate each other and want ultimate control over the host body [face_thinking]
Divergent

Postby Andvari300 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:50 pm

Makes sense after the Ragnorak movie played out.
Andvari300

Postby Esaul » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:39 pm

Or my theory is they blew through the special effects budget and needed a reason to not have to put him in. /jk
Esaul

Postby Andvari300 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:47 pm

In other news I watched Spider-Man Homecoming and it was pretty good.
Andvari300

Postby R.A.J » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:34 am

I watched Venom and it was not good.
R.A.J

Postby Divergent » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:53 pm

Latest fan theory I've read has it that Loki was disguising himself as Banner. Supposedly, that wasn't Bruce Banner at all.
Divergent

Postby Andvari300 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:42 pm

If so then where is Bruce Banner?
Andvari300

Postby R.A.J » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:06 pm

imo, that theory has no merit whatsoever and doesn't make any sense.
R.A.J

Return to TV/Movie