Xbox One S

Discuss anything about gaming here. Console, PC Games, Online, ect.

Moderator: Super Moderator

grim1500

Xbox One S

Post by grim1500 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:11 pm

Xbox One S was announced at E3 today and will be released at the beginning of August. White, slimmer, and options for bigger hard drives. Other goodies. I don't need it, but I'm likely going to buy it anyway. I've had a white skin on mine since I got it, and it just isn't the same. I could sell mine and the kinect and cover at least half the cost of the new one (assuming I got the 2 TB model). I don't use the kinect at all except for "Xbox on," "Xbox turn off," and "Xbox volume up/down."

http://www.pcmag.com/news/345228/xbox-o ... st-for-299

$299 for 500GB
$349 for 1TB
$399 for 2TB

I don't need 2TB, especially with my 2TB external drive, but for an extra $50 it makes sense to get it.
Sup.

Sensor Echo

Re: Xbox One S

Post by Sensor Echo » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:56 pm

Major Nelson has had one for months at home. 360s launched "next week" from E3. I'm guessing that means they don't think they can sell out old stock unless they wait.

It looks...odd. The tiny black bit on bottom is PS2ish, and doesn't quite look right with that white. Also the texture is weird. Physical buttons for power and eject is great though.

The best news about it is probably one of these three things:
1. 4K UHD BluRay player - cheap compared to others as well, like the PS3 was when BluRay was new
2. Bluetooth controller - will sync to PCs, phones, tablets
3. Internal power supply - less crap to deal with when setting up/moving, and if you lose the power cord like a moron, just grab one from your PlayStation :p

Here's the real question: horizontal or vertical? (This is the secret best news for many.)

Here's another thought: it has no bespoke Kinect port. You can use the USB connector from Kinect for Windows, well you can't since you're selling yours, but you know what I mean.

grim1500

Post by grim1500 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:41 pm

Well I just read some more, and I saw they'll be releasing a much better console next year. The S is really only an upgrade because of the storage. The size of mine and the power adapter don't matter since I don't ever move it (though I welcome no bulky power adapter from now on). And I don't know that I can convince Kaylie I need a new console two years in a row. When I mentioned this one today, the first thing she asked was "When did we get your last one?" I liked how she said "we" because we weren't even married when I bought my One.

So I may not get the S after all. Hard to justify when I know I'll get the better one next year.

Edit: and always horizontal. I never liked vertical consoles. It won't fit in my tv stand (or any I've ever seen) vertical, and I'm not sticking it on the floor just to use it vertical.
Sup.

Sensor Echo

Post by Sensor Echo » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:44 pm

Oh well then this year is a good time to be looking at 4K TVs. ;)