Holy fuck

Discuss anything about gaming here. Console, PC Games, Online, ect.

Moderator: Super Moderator

The Watcher

Holy fuck

Post by The Watcher » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:23 am

MEGA MAN LEGENDS 2 IS OUT ON PSN!!! :wee:

I'm feeling Lily-level fangirl-gasms right now.

It's downloading now. Those Life Is Strange lesbos need to hurry up and squirt on each others faces so i can go feel up on the blue bombers buster gun without distraction.

Why wasn't this all the fuck over gaming news sites 3 weeks ago when it released? They post all kinds of barely gaming related bullshit all day and harp on about the same boring crap 100 different ways just to fill the time and this doesn't make it? Fuck you fags. And by fags I mean Kotaku, since its the only sites layout i can stand since losing Joystiq. Worthless, i'm switching to a site that actually reported this.

Andvari300
Site Admin

Re: Holy fuck

Post by Andvari300 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:16 am

XD I need to play this lesbo game
"Koolzone isn't some domain you can buy, its not a name, it's not a specific board software, its that special little place in our hearts, its the joy you felt when you were a kid on christmas and you woke up to go find presents under the tree. Its your first kiss, your lost virginity, its the love an abusive step father has for his son he never wanted because he really just wanted to get in the mom's pants but the kid was part of the packaged deal. Its the twinkling of a star as you look up into the night sky and realize how big the universe is. KZ isn't just some website or name. It's a little piece of magic in all of us. :) " -Omni

Sensor Echo

Post by Sensor Echo » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:56 pm

The Misadventures of Tron Bonne (rare Megaman for PSX) is also available on PSN. And on sale ATM for just $1.49 with PS+ or $2.99 elsewise.

The Watcher

Post by The Watcher » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:52 pm

Ps plus lapsed i think... But $3 is still good, thanks. I havent played it either. Bought Mega Man Legends as well just to have it again, even though i've played it to death.

The Watcher

Post by The Watcher » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:52 pm

My save file from when i bought this game used and played it on my ps3 is still there? Hell. Even though i spent $140 (!) on it years ago i would have kept it but there was a glitch a ways through that was unpassable so i returned it. Hoping for no such issues this time around

Sensor Echo

Post by Sensor Echo » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:04 pm

That's cool you get to use your old save file. Nintendo for 3DS at least separates digital from cart saves (fair enough, you want your save on your cart don't you?), but they went one extra and made an app so you can transfer physical saves to a digital version. No good if you want to go digital -> physical, but a selling point toward going digital for some.

I was going to play Megaman 3 to see if I was interested in the series, but I haven't gotten around to it. I actually took the NES apart today to try and finagle the cartridge connector into a more functional state (damn you, blinking red light). And Megaman Legacy Collection (1 - 6) for Xbox One showed up in my mailbox as well. I hope I enjoy it, it's not regarded as the best port, considering the developers were trying for it to be regarded as the best port. The said they were striving as a studio to deliver old games ported to new systems with the quality of Criterion Collection (allegedly great movie transfers), but CAPCPOM didn't pay for that kind of quality though they did pay for a patch to fix some of the audio issues (and I hear it helped somewhat). lol

The Watcher

Post by The Watcher » Sun May 01, 2016 1:10 am

I'm sure i've played some before, but Mega Man 9 on PS3 was the first 2d mega man game I remember playing. Don't know how I stumbled onto Mega Man legends back in the day.

Are there no alternatives to the old NES? I've seen cheap consoles that supposedly play NES catridges...

Sensor Echo

Post by Sensor Echo » Tue May 03, 2016 3:26 pm

Well I got MM3 from you... :p

Sure, there are Retrons and other emulators with cartridge connectors, or I could play the ROM on my PC/Xbox/3DS. But the NES is - was - hooked up and it's just easier to grab a cart and plug in. Actually fixing the connector is not easy, nor even taking the console apart to get at it, but to have a working NES is simple and great. DID YOU KNOW?: You don't have to push the NES cartridge down to use it? Just plug the cart in and turn the NES on. Pushing the cart down actually causes the wear on the connector which lead to its failure.

The Watcher

Post by The Watcher » Wed May 04, 2016 2:57 am

You did? 0_o

One of the NES games? i don't remember most of them since it the console hadn't worked for a lot of years.

No, didn't know you don't have to push it down. So why did they design it so that you can?

Yes a working NES would be ideal but it doesn't, right?

Sensor Echo

Post by Sensor Echo » Wed May 04, 2016 3:47 pm

Yeah, it was your family's old copy.

The console works so long as it gets a good connection with the cart. Previously I would just reinsert it until it would play along. In taking it apart I saw that the problem is perhaps some trace damage where the 72 pin connector touches the main circuit board, and even though the connector has been fixed, it still doesn't work better. :\ Possibly fixable if I can find the right thing that I don't even know the name of (pen to draw circuitry traces) with some hard effort on a microscopic line. Crap.

The VCR style "pop-in, push down" has everything to do with Nintendo trying to make the NES seem attractive, familiar, but distant from Atari to U.S. customers. The Famicom looks like an Atari where you plug a game in on top, and after the video game crash of '84 that appearance came in doubt. The flat top brought with it the unintended side-effect of people putting drinks on top of it, which would often spill, and accounted for a large number of service calls. SNES and N64 having weirdly non-flat tops were attempts to keep cans and glasses of soda off consoles. The 72 pin connector itself flexes to let the cart up/down, and that movement stresses the metal and wears out it's level of spring. The connector doesn't hold the cart any more or less in the up or down position when new, but wear pushes the connector pins down and sometimes one or more is too far down to touch the cart unless the cart's pushed into the down position (and sometimes not even then).

"Yes a working NES would be ideal but it doesn't, right?"
Yeah, keep picking on me. :(

Indilwen

Post by Indilwen » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:26 pm

The Watcher wrote:I'm feeling Lily-level fangirl-gasms right now.
XD I'm glad I can provide such a scale.
The good news is it really doesn't matter
The other good news is an apple Jolly Rancher
And it won't heal wounds, but it will heal moods
And it's sweet and it's sour and it's green and it rules.
Can't do much so the cut won't sting
But you can make a couple taste buds go z-z-z-zing!