another round of trade ins

Discuss anything about gaming here. Console, PC Games, Online, ect.

Moderator: Super Moderator

The Watcher

another round of trade ins

Post by The Watcher » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:29 pm

Set up 36 games to trade in at amazon. 36 games, two memory cards, $106.

On the off chance anyone wants them i'll put up pics, hold on..

The short stack is games I wanted to trade in but weren't listed.

Will go towards a new game or two.

Sensor Echo

Re: another round of trade ins

Post by Sensor Echo » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:13 pm

Would it be worth it to you to separate out the Tomb Raiders, Crash Bandicoots, and Megaman Legends? Maybe Parasite Eves too, what are they like?

Andvari300
Site Admin

Post by Andvari300 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:29 pm

Remember when we kicked ass on resident evil 5 but I kept fucking up at the end? Lol good times
"Koolzone isn't some domain you can buy, its not a name, it's not a specific board software, its that special little place in our hearts, its the joy you felt when you were a kid on christmas and you woke up to go find presents under the tree. Its your first kiss, your lost virginity, its the love an abusive step father has for his son he never wanted because he really just wanted to get in the mom's pants but the kid was part of the packaged deal. Its the twinkling of a star as you look up into the night sky and realize how big the universe is. KZ isn't just some website or name. It's a little piece of magic in all of us. :) " -Omni

deplorable

Post by deplorable » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:58 pm

Sensor Echo wrote:Would it be worth it to you to separate out the Tomb Raiders, Crash Bandicoots, and Megaman Legends? Maybe Parasite Eves too, what are they like?

You want just those, or all but those?
I'm interested in some of the ps1 stuff and RE:Revelations for ps3.

1st dibs goes to Lynnz so we'll see where she lands before I go further.

The Watcher

Post by The Watcher » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:52 am

Forgot i put this up. They are boxed up at work but not sent out, no big deal to open.

Sensor Echo

Post by Sensor Echo » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:44 pm

I listed the ones I think I'd play. I looked up Fear Effect and it looks interesting too.

There's a lot of great fun in that stack, but I don't think I'd enjoy FF, RE, or MGS. And special mention to the Ace Combat games, which I would certainly like, but I still don't have a PS2 and they're fucking expensive. I thought they'd be sitting in piles for $30 halfway through the PS3's life, but noOOOooo. >_>

Tony, if you're super excited for something I listed, I would gladly demure to you; you're clearly a bigger PS fan than I. Or Chad, if you're getting antsy to send them off, I won't feel slighted.

deplorable

Post by deplorable » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:05 pm

I have a couple crash bandicoot as download, I think tomb raiders are on my ps3 HD collection, and dont know what parasite eve is (it rings a bell, but not enough to make me WANT it), and Megaman Legend is 1 of the 2 ps1 ROMs I have lol.

I agree, if youre eager to ship, I'm totally cool with buying my real wants on ebay (MGS and FF7). If not calculate the value of all ps1 stuff + PS3 revalations and sonic, minus Monkata's stuff, increase by a percent of what you think is worth your time (15%? 20%), then add shipping and I can send by paypal or whatever. I simplified the total into a math equasion, which I trust aaron can check for errors:

X=Value of all PS1 Games
M=Value of Lynnz choices
S=Sonic Generations Value
R=RE Revaltions Value
H=Shipping
P=Percent
T=What I'll pay

T=((((X-M)+S+R)*(P/100)) +H)

If us diving this all up breaks a deal or something with amazon, feel free to stick with them. [face_peace]

The Watcher

Post by The Watcher » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:50 am

It wouldn't, but somebody at work sent them out before i could get to them.

So I have that small stack left minus sonic because i did a seperate return just after the first post with a few more games and stumbled on the listing for it because it doesnt come up when the title is searched. Doesn't leave much. Hell, i'll give you fear effect And tomb raider 3 (plus guide) for shipping alone. I've got a dozen or so strategy guides for games i no longer own.

The pics above are/were all my remaining ps1/ps2 titles.

deplorable

Post by deplorable » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:14 am

Eh- don't really care much for em myself, but perhaps Lynnz. I canceled my preorder of the destiny TTK edition ps4 last week when I found my ps3 stopped working. Wanted to free up those funds to buy a replacement ps3. Since I didn't learn ps3 plays ps1 until close to the end of my using it, I never picked up the old games I always wanted. I'm gonna order a few ps1 games when I get the new ps3. I don't imagine I'll use it too much, but there's a few games I want right away (MGS, FF7, Jersey Devil). And I think there is less than 10 games left on my want list for ps3 before I have everything(that I'll ever want). I got every ps4 game I want so as long as I stay current with that, I'll be working on my ps1 collection here and there over the next few years. Collecting ps2 games will be the real bitch, as there are a TON I want eventually. I hope to have enough for play station shrine room once my kids are grown and I have extra bedrooms LOL.

Sensor Echo

Post by Sensor Echo » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:47 pm

Oh. Off to Amazon then. :p

I don't know, it probably isn't worth you bothering for two games.

I've seen some collectors really into guides, you might want to check eBay sold listing prices on some of the more popular and rarer ones.

The Watcher

Post by The Watcher » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:17 pm

Ah hell just take the whole stack, trying to get rid of all ps1/ps2 games.

The Watcher

Post by The Watcher » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:40 am

Also if any of these get sent back i'll post them up. Usually a matter pf wrong versions. For example standard vs greatest hits versions.

So far they're sending back: Crash Bandicoot 2, Resident Evil 3, Final Fantasy 14

The Watcher

Post by The Watcher » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:50 pm

Just set up to trade in 34 more games, most of my remaining ps3 and 360 collection. The ps3 games I kept weren't listed so may try to sell those another way. Some of the 360 games I kept because i may pick up an xbox one at some point, though not immediately. Also trading in my 360 and ps3. Keeping the PS4, but did sell a couple of the games I have for it.

Will likely use the funds (about $200 -_-' ) to buy some more PS4 games. There's a few out now I want and a handful of others coming out in the next few months like Xcom 2, new Tomb Raider, Skyrim remastered, The Last Guardian.

If I get an xbox one likely wont be until after tax return / work bonus season as I tend to get both around march.

grim1500

Post by grim1500 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:40 am

I just sold all of my Xbox One games except Halo 5 and a few 3DS games too. Keeping the money in PayPal so I can get some new ones on my list.
Sup.

Sensor Echo

Post by Sensor Echo » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:26 pm

Do you guys ever sell either books or movies?

The Watcher

Post by The Watcher » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:27 am

Rarely buy movies, but what movies/tv shows I did have on DVD I traded in on amazon awhile back after they'd been sitting for years.

Books not so much, usually end up donating. Mostly buy inexpensive paperbacks anyway though.

TV show box sets held their value best even after years.

grim1500

Post by grim1500 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:01 pm

I can't remember the last time I bought a movie. I just always go to the theater or pirate what I want to see. I've only sold a few books before, and that was a long time ago, before I had a bookcase. I don't sell them now because I like the way they look in the bookcase. We're going to need a bigger one/another one sooner or later.
Sup.

The Watcher

Post by The Watcher » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:22 am

Andvari300 wrote:Remember when we kicked ass on resident evil 5 but I kept fucking up at the end? Lol good times
It's remastered on ps4 for $20 ;\

Along with 4 (love but played it to death) 6 (couldnt get into it) and zero and the re1 gamecube remake (played both back on gamecube, pretty but otherwise meh)

Have ordered Dead or Alive 5 The Last Round, Uncharted 4 and Xcom 2 for ps4 with the store credit from trade ins. Also some unrelated items, using up most of the funds. They may get a bit dusty before i'm through with Fallout 4 though (Y)