Fallout countdown timer appears on official site

Discuss anything about gaming here. Console, PC Games, Online, ect.

Moderator: Super Moderator

Andvari300
Site Admin

Re: Fallout countdown timer appears on official site

Post by Andvari300 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:03 pm

Shit man I'll be playing that thing until the ps6 is announced lol
"Koolzone isn't some domain you can buy, its not a name, it's not a specific board software, its that special little place in our hearts, its the joy you felt when you were a kid on christmas and you woke up to go find presents under the tree. Its your first kiss, your lost virginity, its the love an abusive step father has for his son he never wanted because he really just wanted to get in the mom's pants but the kid was part of the packaged deal. Its the twinkling of a star as you look up into the night sky and realize how big the universe is. KZ isn't just some website or name. It's a little piece of magic in all of us. :) " -Omni

Capt. James T. Motherfucker

Post by Capt. James T. Motherfucker » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:45 pm

Don't forget about the likely DLC add-ons this game will have.

Andvari300
Site Admin

Post by Andvari300 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:47 pm

I really hope they get it right with making sure this game don't stall or glitch bad.
"Koolzone isn't some domain you can buy, its not a name, it's not a specific board software, its that special little place in our hearts, its the joy you felt when you were a kid on christmas and you woke up to go find presents under the tree. Its your first kiss, your lost virginity, its the love an abusive step father has for his son he never wanted because he really just wanted to get in the mom's pants but the kid was part of the packaged deal. Its the twinkling of a star as you look up into the night sky and realize how big the universe is. KZ isn't just some website or name. It's a little piece of magic in all of us. :) " -Omni

Sensor Echo

Post by Sensor Echo » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:25 pm

I hope you PS4ers get mods for your copies of Fallout 4. Xbox One players will, plus Fallout 3 as a pre-order bonus (360 BC title).

Andvari300
Site Admin

Post by Andvari300 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:30 pm

From what I read ps4 will get mods

Post by Capt. James T. Motherfucker » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:54 pm

Pete Hines confirmed in a Twitter post that this takes place 200 years after the bombs fell, so this basically takes place at the same time Fallout 3 does in 2277.

Other people were saying that it wasn't necessarily exactly 200 years, but Pete Hines post was in response to a user asking for clarification, so now we know for certain. An interesting choice, didn't think they'd go that route.

Andvari300
Site Admin

Post by Andvari300 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:30 pm

Yeah really I was curious about the ocean if project purity reached over there but I guess the shit will still be toxic lol. Wonder what type of story we will get?

Post by Capt. James T. Motherfucker » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:45 am

BTW, after examining the game play footage, it would seem that radiation poisoning now takes up part of your health bar. In other words, it decreases your maximum hit points so that not only do you lose hit points, but however much the radiation poisoning takes up of your health bar, is how much of your hit points you won't be able to gain back from healing until you have your rads removed.

Fuck me, that's going to be a serious pain in the ass if that's true.

Also, it's been confirmed that the map is level limited, in other words, there's going to be areas that will stomp your ass in short order, so you won't be able to go there until you're powerful enough to fight whatever's there.
Andvari300 wrote:I really hope they get it right with making sure this game don't stall or glitch bad.
Don't worry, this is going to be using a modified version of Skyrim's engine, and for me Skyrim runs a Hell of a lot better than New Vegas EVER did when it first came out.

Andvari300
Site Admin

Post by Andvari300 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:50 pm

Sounds like this is going to be more challenging. Going to need try lvl my med, repair, and probably science, and guns to be priority

Post by Capt. James T. Motherfucker » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:06 pm

Oh, yeah, about that, there doesn't appear to be any skills in this game, things like Science are now perks that you can take more than once to rank them up like some of the other perks in Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

Your SPECIAL stats are going to have serious consequences this time and this time there's only enough starting stat points to make everything a 4 (You only get 21 points to put into your SPECIAL), so choose very wisely.

Andvari300
Site Admin

Post by Andvari300 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:17 pm

Well it looks workable and may just add to intelligence starting off has my highest thing to have. I like the different lvl of Raiders this time. I'm going to be working on those gun mods like an mfer though. That game looks amazing.

Divergent

Post by Divergent » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:20 pm

Thought this was pretty interesting:

http://www.geek.com/games/a-train-you-r ... t-1628532/

Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas used Gamebryo. Fallout 4 is using Creation. Interesting how they work around stuff. Pretty ingenius.
[face_Pre] Good things come to those who work their asses off and never give up

Andvari300
Site Admin

Post by Andvari300 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:07 am

That's pretty funny actually

Post by Capt. James T. Motherfucker » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:11 pm

Confirmed, skills are now replaced by perks. One perk every level.

Also, there are 12 potential companions, and they will have karma requirements, they have the potential to pursue romance with them.

Fun fact : Codsworth will not only say 1,000 of the most popular names, but also things, like Mr. Fuckface, lol.

Andvari300
Site Admin

Post by Andvari300 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:33 am

I'm going to be the whore of the wastelands

Post by Capt. James T. Motherfucker » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:56 pm

I won't be playing as J.T. Motherfucker for nothing. ;\

Fallout 4's leveling system detailed :

Post by Capt. James T. Motherfucker » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:06 pm

It's been confirmed that the game won't end after you complete the main story line like in Skyrim, but Fallout 4 will have NO LEVEL CAP, so you can keep leveling your character. Only problem I have with no level cap is it could break the game later on, we'll see.

Bet you anything there will be a mod that you can set a level cap made at some point.

Andvari300
Site Admin

Post by Andvari300 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:35 pm

I probably won't ever reach a crazy lvl anyways but then again if this game is going to have a shit load of content I might lol

Post by Capt. James T. Motherfucker » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:24 pm

I probably will because I tend to try and grind to get my levels up.

Post by Capt. James T. Motherfucker » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:30 pm

Leveling system revealed!

Andvari300
Site Admin

Post by Andvari300 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:11 pm

This game literally wants you to have no life outside of fallout 4 lol

Post by Capt. James T. Motherfucker » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:06 pm

Skyrim's file size was under 4 GB. The file size of the XBOX One version of Fallout 4 is confirmed to be a little over 28 GB, it has twice the game assets of Skyrim, and has over 110,000 lines of dialogue which is more than Fallout 3 and Skyrim combined.

How the Hell am I ever supposed to finish this Goddamn game? I have to work for fuck's sake! :'(

Andvari300
Site Admin

Post by Andvari300 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:21 pm

Luckily you don't have kids so it's gaming before and after work buddy

Post by Capt. James T. Motherfucker » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:38 pm

Pretty much, lol. And all weekend long as well.

Andvari300
Site Admin

Post by Andvari300 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:31 pm

Ok my wife gave me the game early and pretty cool so far. Vats has changed wish it was still an R1 R2 thing. Going to check the controls tomorrow to see if I can change it.