What are you playing?

Discuss anything about gaming here. Console, PC Games, Online, ect.

Re: What are you playing?

Postby The Watcher » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:20 am

Anybody play any free to play games on ps4? I put quite a bit of time into Star Trek Online without spending a penny. Hoping one or more of the other games available will be as good. Ton of content and didn’t harass me for money. Downloaded some others from the free to play section of the playstation store to try them out. World of Tanks, Terra, Warframe, Neverwinter...

just started up World of Tanks, see if its any good.
The Watcher

Postby Andvari300 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:02 pm

Oh that Star Trek is free? I need to get in on that.
"Koolzone isn't some domain you can buy, its not a name, it's not a specific board software, its that special little place in our hearts, its the joy you felt when you were a kid on christmas and you woke up to go find presents under the tree. Its your first kiss, your lost virginity, its the love an abusive step father has for his son he never wanted because he really just wanted to get in the mom's pants but the kid was part of the packaged deal. Its the twinkling of a star as you look up into the night sky and realize how big the universe is. KZ isn't just some website or name. It's a little piece of magic in all of us. :) " -Omni
Andvari300

Postby The Watcher » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:50 pm

Its in the ‘free to play’ section :p

I deleted it to make room for other free games i’m trying out but i’ll redownload if you’re down.

Been trying World of Tanks but havent made much progress, either this game is hard or i just really suck. its taking up 60+gb also.

Just created a character in Tera, see how i like this
The Watcher

Postby The Watcher » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:43 pm

First impressions of Tera: Fantasy rpg that is surprisingly easy to pick up and play, no steep learning curve and has a very clean UI. Level ups are fast and frequent as is gaining new skills and equipment. Seriously, less than 2 hours and i’m already level 11 and on my third new weapon
The Watcher

Postby The Watcher » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:02 pm

Started up a 2nd playthrough of Dragon Age Inquisition, been 4 years since i’ve played it, forgot how good it is. Too bad Bioware is busy making crap like Anthem. Supposed to be working on a new Dragon Age title though. Mass Effect Andromeda was a lot of fun too after all the patches, but it seems like it was a mess at launch. Would have fared better in reviews if it was released in the state it is now. Remember buying it new for $10 probably for that reason, a steal.
The Watcher

Postby Sensor Echo » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:07 pm

Apex Legends is so good. I'm not sure any of you would like it, but I sure do. lol
Sensor Echo

Postby The Watcher » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:53 am

isn’t it free to play? Maybe i’ll check it out then, but i doubt there’s crossplay

Played through FFXII The Zodiac Age. A lot of improvements, but i otherwise preferred the old liscence board to the job system.

About 6 hours into Monster Hunter World. Not the easiest to get into but its pretty fun.
The Watcher

Postby Sensor Echo » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:19 pm

It is free, but it's a really fast paced FPS squad based battle royale game. The lead up to battle might be slow and leisurely, but the fighting itself is hectic as all get out. There is head bob, camera shake, bright screen flashes, and damage obfuscation on top of the smoke and gas in-game that's designed to disorient. Frankly, I don't know how it doesn't make me sick. No crossplay yet, and probably won't include Xbox-PS4 when it does.

Monster Hunter sounds interesting - the fun of learning a bunch of bosses and whooping up on them. I've played a little more Cuphead here recently to scratch that itch.
Sensor Echo

Postby The Watcher » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:17 am

Ahh ok, would defintely make me hurl.

I’m getting my ass handed to me repeadetdly by these bosses. Causing me to take a break for at least a few hours during most hunts. I can only handle failing a quest a couple times in a row before i need to do something else and try again later. I keep coming back so far though, about 15 hours in, because its pretty damn fun in between the frustrating losses.
The Watcher

Postby grim1500 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:39 am

I've watched Apex gameplay. It looks like a lot of fun, but I haven't played my Xbox in like a month because of tax season, and I'm even worse at PC games. I quit playing Fortnite on PC because I'm just terrible at PC shooter games.

I've been wanting to buy a Switch, though, so I wanted to finish the 3DS games I have so I can sell the 3DS. I've been playing through Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. It came included when I bought my 3DS and I never got around to playing it.
Sup.

grim1500

Postby The Watcher » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:56 pm

I didn’t quite understand the switch before it released, but its been on a roll and i’m a bit interested myself.
The Watcher

Postby grim1500 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:57 pm

Honestly, the only reason I want a Switch is because the new Pokemon game will be on the Switch instead of the 3DS.
Sup.

grim1500

Postby The Watcher » Fri May 10, 2019 3:09 am

Quit Monster Hunter World in defeat after about 20 hours. Started Dragon Quest Heroes 2, quit due to disinterest after 5 hours. Picked up Final Fantasy 15 Royal Edition today, waiting for the 35 GB download/update to finish download...wtf why? Est 10 hours :/ ( physical copy)
The Watcher

Postby R.A.J » Tue May 14, 2019 8:53 pm

35 GB would take a whole day if not more here in my country.
R.A.J

Postby Sensor Echo » Wed May 15, 2019 1:32 pm

Yeah, that's take about a day for me to download as well. :\ Games getting so big wouldn't be so bad if disk content meant anything, but with these constant big updates the disk is worthless after a month (if not day 1). I miss being able to just play a new game.

I haven't been playing anything for the last month. :( Too busy with yardwork during the day, too exhausted from yardwork during the night.
Sensor Echo

Postby R.A.J » Thu May 16, 2019 4:06 am

I rarely play games nowadays. Been watching anime instead because my coworker has all these anime that I can just copied.
R.A.J

Postby Sensor Echo » Fri May 17, 2019 11:21 pm

But your fancy pants new computer, Juan. :P It misses you.
Sensor Echo

Postby R.A.J » Sat May 18, 2019 12:10 am

Lol, no kidding! And here I am still buying games whenever steam has a sale going on. My back catalog has been growing steadily. [face_doh]
R.A.J

Postby Sensor Echo » Sat May 18, 2019 12:55 pm

LOL

You're a true member of the club now.
Sensor Echo

Postby The Watcher » Mon May 20, 2019 1:23 am

Yardwork every day for a month? Damn did you buy a farm or something?
The Watcher

Postby Sensor Echo » Tue May 21, 2019 8:40 pm

I have not "bought the farm". :P

No, just doing "some" work for a friend on their gigantic yard. Nearly done now anyway, but no, not every day, but enough to still be sore and tired otherwise.
Sensor Echo

Postby The Watcher » Wed May 22, 2019 5:15 am

ahh ok :p

18 hours into Final Fantasy XV and the game tells me the next area is the final battle...already? And that’s with a couple hours of side stuff. There’s a ton more side quests, but what i saw of them was your typical open world filler content and just not that interesting. The Witcher 3 does side quests so amazingly well that there’s no going back to generic copy/paste open world activities.

The story in this game is decent enough but lacks enough exposition and length to get invested enough. Feels like I should be halfway through the adventure lengthwise but the story feels as if its about to wrap up.

it’s the royal edition though so hopefully the few dlc episodes help that out some.
The Watcher

Postby The Watcher » Fri May 31, 2019 5:33 pm

Was getting pummeled by enemies in the last area since they were around 10 levels higher than me, so i went back and did some side stuff to level up. Final time on my completed save was 28 hours. Then i played through each of the 3 dlc episodes that were about 60-90 min each

Downloaded Oxenfree on sale for $7, looks interesting. And bought Deus Ex Mankind Divided for $10 new. Didn’t realize there was a dlc included version for $5 more but i’ll keep it

There are a ridiculous amount of ps4 games (30-40 i’d guess) on my wish list. I don’t have a backlog of games lying around since i sold off all my consoles minus ps4.
The Watcher

Postby The Watcher » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:16 am

Just started playing Warframe, a free to play game that plays as well as a full priced retail release. It’s really good. You’re basically a space ninja, fast paced melee and shooting. Definitely worth checking out. It’s on pc, and all 3 consoles
The Watcher

Postby Sensor Echo » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:08 pm

I've seen folks playing Warframe, but I just don't want to do all that grinding. :P What's the story about?

I've finally gotten back on, been playing some Apex Legends and Rocket League again, because of course.
Sensor Echo

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming