What are you playing?

Discuss anything about gaming here. Console, PC Games, Online, ect.

Re: What are you playing?

Postby The Watcher » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:57 am

The Last Guardian was really good, even with being a bit clunky and frustrating at times.

Been playing Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition since, damn good. Deserves the acclaim
The Watcher

Postby grim1500 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:20 pm

I finally finished AC: Origins. 65 hours to finish the story and all side missions. I bought the first DLC and started it last night. I enjoyed the game, but I was bummed that there was virtually no present day story like in past games. It was almost entirely playing in the Animus.

Then I saw the new AC game coming out this week and how you play as Spartans and it looks like there won't be any assassins at all. The events happen a long time before Origins, which showed us the, well, origins of the assassins. Like, what is this franchise becoming?
Sup.

grim1500

Postby Esaul » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:37 pm

Right now I think it is Shadows of War, I am a bit all over the place but I think that is what is in the PS4.
Esaul

Postby grim1500 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:51 pm

How do you like it? I've had it in my list on Amazon for a year and haven't bought it yet. I really liked the first one.
Sup.

grim1500

Postby Sensor Echo » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:34 pm

Oh Shadow of War looks like a lot of fun. I watched a friend stream a little, and it's an evolution on the Batman Arkham gameplay, so if you enjoyed any of those, you should enjoy this. It's also on my list to get sometime.
Sensor Echo

Postby grim1500 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:11 am

Finally finished Assassin's Creed Origins and both DLCs. Took 88 hours. Thank goodness that's over. It was fun, but I was ready to move on. Now I'm about to start Dishonored: Death of the Outsider.
Sup.

grim1500

Postby grim1500 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:29 am

I finished Dishonored. I forgot this one was like half a game, so it only took a few days. I started Wolfenstein II, which is the last game I paid for in my backlog.
Sup.

grim1500

Postby Sensor Echo » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:21 pm

Hey hey, way to play games. :)

I played American McGee's Alice. I didn't really enjoy it because it's an ancient PC game and I played it on Xbox and whomever set it up to use a controller could have done better.

I haven't been playing much though. :\
Sensor Echo

Postby grim1500 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:18 pm

I thought about you the other day. Kaylie and I were at Taco Bell and they're giving away Xbox One X's again, and I told her about how you won. I didn't win, though. :(
Sup.

grim1500

Postby The Watcher » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:40 am

Finished South Park: The Fractured But Whole, which came with a code to download The Stick of Truth for free, so i’ve been playing that too. Had it on PS3 but sold it with that console, nice to be able to play it again.

Played through the PS4 remake of Shadow of the Colossus, beautifully redone graphics and much more playable than the ps2 version. Never played the ps3 remaster.

Started on The Last of Us Remastered, played through the ps3 version when it came out and wanted to give it another rin through.
The Watcher

Postby Sensor Echo » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:33 pm

Oh, well better luck next time. They'll have a free code that can be entered daily starting November 12th. That's what worked for me last time. :)

Ooh, replay time. It can be a lot of fun to take another go through a game you liked. Which felt the most like you remembered? And how was the fracturing of the butthole?
Sensor Echo

Postby grim1500 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:10 pm

Oh yeah, I've already got a daily reminder set for that. I'll do it once for me and her. I didn't know you won yours from the free entry, though. That's even better.
Sup.

grim1500

Postby The Watcher » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:13 am

Sensor Echo wrote:Oh, well better luck next time. They'll have a free code that can be entered daily starting November 12th. That's what worked for me last time. :)

Ooh, replay time. It can be a lot of fun to take another go through a game you liked. Which felt the most like you remembered? And how was the fracturing of the butthole?

The Last of Us is more engaging and intense than fun, hence so long between play throughs. Excellent though. Just finished main story, started the only single player DLC “Left Behind” the PS4 version came with, never played on ps3. It’s excellent so far.

Fractured was really good, replaying Stick of Truth after it seems sparser visually yet somehow no less faithful to the show. Sequel has more complex and interesting combat and more content / longer, and overall more refined.
The Watcher

Postby Andvari300 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:06 am

I'm still playing in Ogame. Playing three different universes.
"Koolzone isn't some domain you can buy, its not a name, it's not a specific board software, its that special little place in our hearts, its the joy you felt when you were a kid on christmas and you woke up to go find presents under the tree. Its your first kiss, your lost virginity, its the love an abusive step father has for his son he never wanted because he really just wanted to get in the mom's pants but the kid was part of the packaged deal. Its the twinkling of a star as you look up into the night sky and realize how big the universe is. KZ isn't just some website or name. It's a little piece of magic in all of us. :) " -Omni
Andvari300

Postby The Watcher » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:14 pm

Got the Shenmue 1 and 2 port/remaster on ps4. Widescreen option (4:3 locked for cutscenes), hi-res rendering (same textures, but much sharper/cleaner), super short loading screens, locked and steady frame rate, japanese voiceovers optional (english voicework still there and sounds as horribly compressed/crackly as it did on dreamcast, jarringly so). plus i can save anywhere.

Still on the first game, been a long time since i played it on dreamcast. I never played the sequel
The Watcher

Postby Sensor Echo » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:58 pm

I played through Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor and it is fantastic. I thought it was basically a reskinned version of the Batman Arkham games, but it's really Assassin's Creed. I spent a lot of time sneaking around in the shadows, but to suggest that sneaking was the only point is silly because the combat is really quite good and fluid. The main story line is actually somewhat short, but I cleared out all of the side quests as well. I'm holding off on the DLC for a little bit though, just take a quick rest. :P

Does Shenmue still hold up?
Sensor Echo

Postby grim1500 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:15 pm

I loved Shadow of Mordor. I don't think I did any DLC for it, though. I finally bought Shadow of War (or, rather, it's going to be one of my birthday or Christmas presents lol), and I'm pretty excited about it.
Sup.

grim1500

Postby grim1500 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:54 am

Finished Wolfenstein 2. I didn't bother doing any of the side missions, and after reading reviews on the DLCs, I decided against buying those. I've officially finished all of my paid games (until next week for my birthday and then Christmas). I'm moving everything on my internal drive to my external so I can swap to the Xbox One X.
Sup.

grim1500

Postby The Watcher » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:04 am

Sensor Echo wrote:Does Shenmue still hold up?

I think so, but no way to view it through fresh eyes. Just stopped playing though, where you have to get a job... can’t deal with that right now.

I recently bought Detroit: Become Human and Tales of Berseria, May start one of those
The Watcher

Postby The Watcher » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:02 am

Detroit Become Human was fucking great. I played through it twice in a row to see what difference my choices would really make, and it turns out: a fuck of a lot.

Started Tales of Berseria. 5 hours in. Has its charms, but game design is archaic. Plenty of complexity to its systems in place of evolution, not an equivalent exchange.
The Watcher

Postby The Watcher » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:24 am

Started Skyrim SE on PS4, sunk about 80 hours into it past 10 days or so. Dawnguard DLC is broken, would need to start new game to play through. Annoying, but still plenty of other content left to explore on main save. Downloaded Hitman 2 prologue; thought it was just a demo, but it has trophies. Went back to playing Hellblade, started and got most of the way through a year + ago, picked up where i left off. Changed difficulty from ‘auto’ (?) to easy and it became a cakewalk to finish. Highly recommend, use headphones! It recommends you do so when you start. Great handling and implementation of mental illness that so few in the medium will even go near.
The Watcher

Postby grim1500 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:15 pm

Started Assassin's Creed Odyssey last week. I've been hooked. It's definitely different than past games, though. No assassins and you have the option of playing a more RPG-type game where you're on your own to figure out how to do missions, but I chose the old way of doing it where it puts markers on the map for you to head to. I don't have time to try to figure out where to go based on clues and directions characters give you. I really hope they don't take away the option and force you to do it the new way in future games. Also, bring back assassins and present day story. Origins had very little present day story where you find out what's going on with the templars and assassins, and so far I'm a third of the way through Odyssey and I've seen present day for about 5 seconds once.
Sup.

grim1500

Postby R.A.J » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:19 pm

I just got into this whole PC game again after i built my PC this christmas. Trying a bunch of games i bought on steam winter sale.
Frostpunk is a depressing game, not because it sucks, but because it is about building your town through ice age where people died alot. It's a good twist on the town sim genre.

Rise of the tomb raider was good, as expected, with beautiful graphics and all. Still early in the story though, 2 hours in.

Papers, please is an interesting concept with crappy graphics. It's fun though, for a short while.

More games to come as there are still many games i bought but haven't tried yet. Mostly old games , though because of money, duh.
R.A.J

Postby The Watcher » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:39 am

Assassins Creed with no Assassins? 0_o wtf grim?

I played 1, 2, Brotherhood, Revelations, 3, Black Flag. Despite only playing what, half? AC games I Lost interest in the series. Prefer quality over quantity, not so ubisoft. Change up for Origins renewed my interest some but not enough to try yet...Worry it is just adding in elements from other games to freshen up a unique/interesting/creative series that was overworked. Mileage on a ho? How many tricks for a not so old dog [face_thinking]
The Watcher

Postby grim1500 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:07 pm

Well, the assassins aren't an organization yet when this game is set. As the name implies, you see the beginnings of the assassins (though with a different name) in Origins. Odyssey is set before that. You play as a mercenary, and he (or she, if you choose to play as his sister instead) certainly has abilities like the assassins, but that's it. It feels like an AC game for the most part (at least it does if you choose the non-RPG style of playing) and I'm still hooked and think about playing all day when I'm at work. It's tedious, though. There's level scaling, so enemies level up when you do, which basically negates the benefit of leveling up. Origins had that as an option you could turn off (which I did), but it's not in Odyssey. Supposedly they're working to add it in an update, but I'll probably be done before it ever happens.
Sup.

grim1500

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming