What are you playing?

Discuss anything about gaming here. Console, PC Games, Online, ect.

Moderator: Super Moderator

The Watcher

Re: What are you playing?

Post by The Watcher » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:12 pm

Assassins Creed Origins was fun. Since then:

Man of Medan didn’t run smoothly and wasn’t as good as Until Dawn, just so-so

Divinity Original Sin 2 I just couldn’t get into

Resident Evil 0 still has a maybe even shittier inventory system than the first game, but otherwise pretty decent

LA Noire remastered on PS4 is still a unique and standout game, just goes on a bit too long. The included DLC missions stretches it out even further, since they aren’t optional and are inserted at various points in the story.

Got the Assassins Creed Ezio Collection which includes 3 games: AC 2, Brotherhood and Revelations. Origins made me want to revisit some of the older games.

About to start up Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

I also picked up Persona 5, Yakuza 0, Resident Evil 7 and Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor

Divergent

Post by Divergent » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:46 am

Just started Valkyria Revolution . One of the few JRPG games on Xbox.

[face_Pre] Good things come to those who work their asses off and never give up

Sensor Echo

Post by Sensor Echo » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:38 pm

Hey now, we're finally getting Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, and Yakuza, and they're heading straight to Game Pass.

lol But for real though, I hope this is a sign of better Japanese support to come.

Divergent

Post by Divergent » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:02 pm

Yeah- plus, if you don't have Game Pass, they're typically under $10 to outright purchase for download.

Sensor Echo

Post by Sensor Echo » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:23 am

That is very reasonable on a per title basis. I probably would not want to buy them all at once, but one at a time it sounds quite doable.

deplorable

Post by deplorable » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:11 am

3,617hrs of destiny 1&2 (fo real)

Sensor Echo

Post by Sensor Echo » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:58 am

Bungie done ya good. They do that. :)

R.A.J

Post by R.A.J » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:33 am

Playing Red Dead Redemption Online on PC nowadays

The Watcher

Post by The Watcher » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:03 pm

PS4 Pro with Modern Warfare bundle was $300, (or i could have gotten it minus the game for $400, wtf?) so i got that and a 4k hdr tv.

So i install Modern Warfare and check out the size of the update file...over 86gb. I’m on a 3 mbps connection. I just wanted to check out the campaign, but its not available without the download. the disc installed 46 gb, they couldnt fit it on there? Whats the point of putting any of it on a disc like this. Lame

it will take at least 3 days to download. Got it as a bonus, wouldnt have bought it otherwise, but still. Think i’ll start up Resident Evil 7

Divergent

Post by Divergent » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:22 am

The Watcher wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:03 pm
it will take at least 3 days to download. Got it as a bonus, wouldnt have bought it otherwise, but still. Think i’ll start up Resident Evil 7
I haven't played a Resident Evil game since Code Veronica, I think, or RE3 [face_thinking]

Let us know if it's worth picking up the RE series again (Y)

grim1500

Post by grim1500 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:52 am

I got several games for my birthday and Christmas. I managed to get Borderlands 3 at least installed/updated on my Xbox last night. Maybe I'll actually get to play it in a few months. Still haven't touched Black Ops 4 from 2018. This was the first year I haven't bought a Call of Duty game.

The older I get, I'm afraid I won't be able to game anymore and that bums me out because I still love it. There's just no time. Andrew is getting older and we're talking about getting pregnant again this year. Life is too busy these days.
Sup.

The Watcher

Post by The Watcher » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:56 pm

Divergent wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:22 am
The Watcher wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:03 pm
I haven't played a Resident Evil game since Code Veronica, I think, or RE3 [face_thinking]

Let us know if it's worth picking up the RE series again (Y)
It’s really good. Despite the change to a first person view the game feels more like ps1 and dreamcast era Resident Evil games, with its slower pacing, creepy atmosphere, jump scares, puzzles, item boxes, backtracking to locked doors, etc. Resident Evil 4-6 were quite different, much more action oriented. That said, RE4 is still a masterpiece and RE5 is decent but perticularly fun playing local or online co-op. I never even finished the first chapter of RE6 though. i’ve considered picking it up for ps4 and giving it another try, but my initial impression playing it when it was released was pretty awful

grim1500

Post by grim1500 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:03 pm

Finally beat Darksiders 3! It only took 5 months! I thought about buying the DLC, but I was just ready to move on. I was going to start playing some Black Ops 4 matches but I forgot I never renewed my Xbox Live subscription, so I'm going to try to get through my backlog before I spend money on a subscription I won't actively use.

So Borderlands 3 it is, and I'm so excited. I love the Borderlands games.
Sup.

The Watcher

Post by The Watcher » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:15 pm

Modern Warfare 2019 was fun, so i got some others. Ghosts was pretty good, WW2 was the weakest cod campaign i’ve played though. Felt like i died a lot unfairly.

Call of Cthulu was so-so at best, but i wanted some Lovecraft in my life

Everyones Gone to the Rapture was boring, it takes “walking simulator” title too literally.

Battlefield 1 campaign i didn’t finish, just gave up. I figured since it is a call of duty competitor that it would be comparable, but it kinda just sucked

been on an amazon spending spree and now have 17 ps4 games on my shelf i havent played yet

grim1500

Post by grim1500 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:55 am

Worked from home Monday and Tuesday and working half days in office today and tomorrow, so I've been able to actually play Borderlands 3 some. Man, it's so much fun and great to get some good time to sit down and play.
Sup.

The Watcher

Post by The Watcher » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:12 am

Played the telltale batman game, had a lot of crashes and difficulty getting the season pass disc to allow me to download the episodes.

Black Ops 3 campaign was the worst yet. Advanced Warfare campaign was better, short but sweet.

played through injustice 2 story mode.

Saw the credits roll on Nier Automata, but only as the first character (new game + switches up characters apparently, with added scenes and different ending)

Last season of Telltales/Skybounds Walking Dead was decent, as was their Guardians of the Galaxy game.

Now i’m about 3 hours into Resident Evil 2 remakes and it’s damn good

The Watcher

Post by The Watcher » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:56 pm

Yakuza 0 was fun but is pretty dated in some ways, Yakuza 6 looks and plays more modern from videos i’ve watched.

Resident Evil Revelations was decent fun to play through again, played it years ago on ps3

Got the Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls collection, played both back on ps3 as well. Going through Heavy Rain and the controls are worse than i remember. Beyond clunky to just bad

grim1500

Post by grim1500 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:50 pm

I finished Borderlands 3 and the 3 DLCs that are out. The final DLC that's part of the season pass comes out in early September, so I'll play that too. I just finished the final season of The Walking Dead Telltale game. Sad to see that series end. I loved Clem as a character.
Sup.