What are you playing?

Discuss anything about gaming here. Console, PC Games, Online, ect.

Re: What are you playing?

Postby The Watcher » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:26 pm

If it gets repetitive/grindy i’ll just stop, i’ve got no money into it. The big baddie died (by me) about an hour in so i have no idea about the story now. Guess i’m a just a space ninja who’s supposed to go around killing aliens?
The Watcher

Postby Sensor Echo » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:36 pm

Weird, that the big baddie would be dealt with in an hour, but okay.
Sensor Echo

Postby The Watcher » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:01 pm

played through the Final Fantasy 9 digital edition on ps4, the built in cheats really helped with the difficult bosses near the end. Otherwise didn’t use them. Started up the ps4 remastered version of Final Fantasy X as well, got pretty far through but took a break to play the campaigns of Call lf Duty Modern Warfare remastered and Infinite Warfare together for $15 new. Tried the demo of Infinite Warfare recently and it was so fun i had to try it out. Don’t care about the multiplayer.

Finished the enjoyabke Modern Warfare campaign and just started up Infinite Warfare

Also bought Resident Evil 5 and the nathan Drake collection, both ps4 and under $20 each
The Watcher

Postby grim1500 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:51 pm

I started playing AC Odyssey again the past few days in the little free time I have now that I have a kid. I'm not doing anymore of the side quests. Just trying to burn through what's left of the main story. I'll probably do all of the free extra story quests they added the past several months and I may buy the DLC. Not sure on that yet because I still have several other games in my backlog.
Sup.

grim1500

Postby Sensor Echo » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:48 pm

Right on Chad, sounds like a lot of fun. I know those FF games are timesinks, so cheats sound pretty nice.

LMAO Aaron. Sorry, but that's a good laugh.
Sensor Echo

Postby grim1500 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:30 pm

I finished the AC Odyssey story and the rest of the free extra quests they added in updates. I'm not doing the two DLCs because it's $40 for the season pass to get them. No thanks. So, I'm finally going to start on Middle Earth: Shadow of War. I liked the first one, so hopefully this one is good too.
Sup.

grim1500

Postby R.A.J » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:12 am

Playing dota underlord nowadays. If you play and love dota you'll probably going to love it. Heck, I never play any dota games and still like this game.
R.A.J

Postby Sensor Echo » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:56 pm

I hope you really enjoy Shadow of War. Not just for your sake, but I just picked it up too. ;) :P

I've never tried DotA. At this point the thought of getting into DotA/LoL/even Overwatch just seems daunting.
Sensor Echo

Postby R.A.J » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:03 pm

People say DotA is easy to learn how to play but hard to master.
R.A.J

Postby Sensor Echo » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:31 pm

There's so many characters, each with different abilities. On the one hand, that's a lot to learn, on the other, I just plain enjoy even starts where everyone has the same powers. But I've never even tried so... *shrug*
Sensor Echo

Postby The Watcher » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:40 am

Just finished The Order 1886. Feels like it’s missing a few chapters, it just ends unexpectedly. Otherwise really well done. Interesting setting, gorgeous visuals, excellent voice acting and music, decent gameplay. A very linear narrative driven game, lacks any replay value and pretty short though. Would have benefitted from an extra hour or two for both play time and give the story time a decent conclusion. would recommend to anyone interested though, especially as it’s bargain bin priced these days (i paid $11.20 for a new copy)

Uncharted on ps4 has been lolished and tweaked to be better than i remember it. Uncharted 2 is much as i remember it though, numerous frustrating moments included. i’ll get around toUncharted 3 soon.

Resident Evil 5 was fun, but i forgot how bad the partner AI can be at times. I played it a ton back on ps3 but mostly online co-op which is fantastic and hugely helpful for harder difficulty levels.

Shadow of Mordor is on my wish list, heard mixed things about Shadow of War though.

Going to play Murdered: Soul Suspect next. Play as a ghost trying to solve your own murder [face_thinking]
The Watcher

Postby Sensor Echo » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:52 pm

Did The Order leave you hoping for the 1887 sequel that got cancelled?

RE5 not going well for you? Paging Dennis! :P (kidding (not kidding))

Yeah, Murdered: Soul Suspect sounds pretty neat. I hear it had problems, but the current gen version fixed some of what was wrong with it last gen.
Sensor Echo

Postby grim1500 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:25 pm

I've been enjoying Shadow of War so far. It's pretty much just like Shadow of Mordor.
Sup.

grim1500

Postby The Watcher » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:55 pm

A sequel to The Order would be welcome.

Played through Resident Evil HD i got with the Origins collection. Took me 12 hours not including time lost to deaths, definitely longer than the oiginal ps1 game i played over and over back in the day.

Just finished Uncharted 3. About to start up Gof of War 3 Remastered i just picked up for $16, along with Resident Evil 4 and Assassins Creed Origins each for under $20. Been a long time since i’ve played an Assassins Creed game because i got burnt out on the series, but its been long enough and Origins looks different enough i’m ready to try
The Watcher

Postby The Watcher » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:46 pm

Finished Gof of War 3 and Resident Evil 4, tried to install Assassins Creed Origins saturday night but the disc kept stopping and starting during install and failed. Got a replacement in the mail already before i’ve even had a chance to drop off the old copy at UPS to return to amazon. New disc looks worse but is currently installing fine, just glad its not my ps4. I started up Final Fantasy X-2 yesterday though so origins must wait now.

Final Fantasy VIII remastered comes out really soon too :)
The Watcher

Postby Sensor Echo » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:45 pm

I've been giving Minecraft a go with some friends lately. It's got a huge learning curve, and not everything is exactly logical lol, but I can see how it's a robust enough sandbox for people to enjoy. The game has some bad framerate and terrible framepacing at times which seems stupid for such a visually simple game being played on the most powerful console currently available. I really wish it had a technology tree you could just look at to see what you can do, like Age of Empires or Keflings, whereas in Minecraft you have to have at least one piece of a possible build in your inventory to see that a possible build exists, which wouldn't be so bad if there weren't literally dozens of different things (hint, you can't fit enough in your inventory at once to know everything you can build). Worse yet, it doesn't tell you what the thing you can build *does*, so you have to waste resources to try, and then hope you can figure out how it works, but even if you can get it to work, there are surely extenuating circumstances that could make it work better/worse that you will be completely unaware of. So it's got a huge learning curve and does not attempt to teach you anything. And one final complaint, the coordinate system is X, Z, Y. >_>
Sensor Echo

Postby The Watcher » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:52 pm

I tried a demo of Minefraft years ago thinking it would be easy to pick up and play and hook quickly, i didn’t get far. I like more direction in my games. Oblivion overwhelmed me when i exited the opening sewer level and was out in the bog open world able to go anywhere and not sure what i should do. Once i got into a groove though it was great.

I seem to miss out on the biggest games. I’ve never played World of Warcraft or Fortnite etc
The Watcher

Postby Sensor Echo » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:18 pm

Yeah, I don't need a glowing arrow in the air to point me where to go, but some sense of urgency, of need, some little story to be a reason makes a world of difference.

WoW has a story and friendships so that makes it seem like something missed, wheras Fortnite is just fighting 100 other people for one (to four) to win so it's an experience sure, but is it truly meaningful or is there any thoughtfulness to get out of it? Eh...
Sensor Echo

Postby grim1500 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:58 am

Finished Shadow of War last night. Based on the ending, I don't see how there can be a third in the series. Next up is Darksiders 3. Reviews aren't great, so I'm not as excited as I was when it was announced.
Sup.

grim1500

Postby grim1500 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:48 pm

Man, I was having fun with Darksiders 3. It's a mindless hack n slash like the first two until it's not. I looked up how long it should take to beat it, saw 14ish hours and was glad it wouldn't be a huge time sink, and made it to the 3rd boss. I've died more times than I can count. I just can't beat it. It made me remember all the reviews I read about how it was significantly harder than the first two games; apparently they intentionally tried to make it more like Dark Souls (a game I've never played because of its reputation as needlessly difficult). I don't enjoy using the little free time I have every day playing a game that's too hard.

The boss takes like half of my health in one hit and the dodge mechanic in this game is terrible. You have a split second to successfully dodge and that's made worse by the fact there's not really any indication it's time to dodge. No screen flash, no prompt telling you what button to press (Shadow of War would show on the screen what button to press every time you were about to be hit with an attack that you could dodge), nothing. There's also no real way to restore health either during the fight. In my previous attempts, I used the "shards" that restore health so they're all gone, and when you die, you lose your "souls" that you can use to buy more health restores and stuff like that. You have an ability that restores health up to twice, but it requires killing mobs and hoping they actually drop the type of souls needed to use the ability, and there aren't enough mobs in the fight to be able to do that.

I don't think the boss fights have to be completed in any certain order, so I think I could go try to fight another, but I was doing them in the order the IGN walkthrough has them, so I figured this was the way to do it. I dunno, but this sucks. Apparently sometime after the game came out, they updated it to give you the option to make the combat more like the previous games because the default way was too hard. I've been playing with the classic option the whole time and it's still this hard. I can't imagine what it would have been like before the update.
Sup.

grim1500

Postby R.A.J » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:30 am

Just bought this month humble bundle, which include crash bandicoot nsane trilogy and the spyro trilogy. I also bought Burnout Paradise remaster for $4.5. Now I'm considering buying Unravel two for $9 or star wars battlefront II for $5. Hm...decision, decision. On a side note, I know I won't have time to play any of these games. FML
R.A.J

Postby grim1500 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:44 pm

Crisis averted. I was finally able to beat the boss I was stuck on for two days. The game is still hard; you just have to be really good at dodging.
Sup.

grim1500

Postby Sensor Echo » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:23 am

Nice Juan, that is a great deal on a great set of games. I was thinking about picking it up myself, but I'm not into old school 3D platformers so IDK... I think BFII still has people playing, not really sure though.

lol Aaron, glad you got it. When I played through Hellblade I did not realize there was a dodge. Whoops. Little bit harder than it needed to be, but that worked out alright. :P
Sensor Echo

Postby R.A.J » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:35 am

Took me almost a week to download all 80GB of Star wars BF II. Not because of my internet speed, but more because of Origins giving me headache with numerous error and shit. But I am glad that it's now done and I can play the game.
R.A.J

Postby Sensor Echo » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:01 pm

Chad, I see you playing L.A. Noire. I really liked it, even though it suffered from them changing "Force" the witness to "Doubt". How are you liking it?

"He says, 'Murder!', he says in that impossible tone. He'll bring on nobody's murder, but his own."
Sensor Echo

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming